Data Protection Statement
Regarding the Use of Castupload.com
version: July 9, 2013
Scope and Consent
- Once you start working with Castupload.com (hereinafter referred to as "Castupload"), you provide Castupload your consent and permission to collect, process and use the personal data defined below for the purposes described in this Data Protection Statement.
- You can revoke your consent at any time with future effect. The simplest way to revoke consent is to logon to Castupload using your access data and delete your personal data or to click on the "delete account" function to delete all your personal data stored at Castupload. To the extent legal, statutory or contractual retention periods apply to personal data, your personal data will be blocked rather than deleted. Optionally, you may exercise your right to demand deletion of your personal data in writing by notifying the Data Controller (responsible department) as stipulated in Section 2.
- This Data Protection Statement is available on our website and can be accessed at any time. The access link is located in the footer section of the Castupload webpage. The English version of this Statement is only for your convenience; the German version prevails.
Data Controller (Responsible Department)
The Data Controller(Responsible Department) within the meaning of the German Data Protection Act is Denkungsart GmbH, located at Wallstraße 11, 55122 Mainz, (hereinafter also referred to as "Principal").
Castupload collects the following information from you:
- Mandatory information required for registration: specifically, first name, last name, e-mail address, and User Group (Actor, Caster or Agent);
- The provision of information to Castupload that is voluntary: specifically, entries in your Vita (résumé), personality description, appearance, skills (languages, sports, profession, show reels etc.), as well as pictures, contact information (addresses) and information on the actors you represent. This includes participation in and organization of eCastings, as well as eCasting outcomes;
- Other personal information collected by Castupload through your interaction with the system includes: log files (primarily the IP-address of the accessing computer, Castupload webpages you visit, date and duration of your visit, browser-data, operating system, browser language and time zone).
Use of Data
Castupload uses the information as follows:
- Performance of the Agreement entered into between you as the User and the Principal;
- To provide Castupload services and functions; in particular to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other actors, casters (producers) and agents, as well as providing you access to the Castupload actor database, which consists of eCasting, Live-Casting and Content Management features; for these purposes your profiles are publically accessible.
- To facilitate collaboration with other users and on projects Castupload positions you, your actors and casting projects with castings that fit your/their profile(s). The objective is to bring users together to collaborate on projects. This is achieved by placing thumbails of your profile on the Castupload home page, by presenting users in product videos and by referencing successful castings initiated through Castupload i.e. roles you have been cast in.
- The information is used for internal processes, such as defect corrections and ongoing system improvements.
Disclosure of Data
Castupload will not disclose your personal data to any third party, unless you have provided consent to such disclosure or the disclosure of such personal data is required by law.
Linking to other Service Providers (external links)
Castupload announces to the User the use of services of other service providers. This will be achieved by opening the external link in a new tab or in a new browser window.
- Castupload uses so-called cookies (in part). Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer. Cookies allow Castupload to provide certain functions, to identify Users – in this case you - and to analyze Castupload site traffic.
- Users are free to block Castupload from setting cookies - at any time - by setting your browser to block cookies. Please note if you choose to block Castupload from setting cookies you will no longer be able to use the Castupload site.
The Data Protection Act stipulates that you are entitled to demand information on your personal data that Castupload has stored, as well as to demand rectification, deletion or blockage of such personal data. You may assert your rights vis-à-vis the Principal, please refer to Section 2. The easiest way to exercise such rights is to modify and/or delete your personal data is by logging onto Castupload with your access data, there you can edit or delete your data stored on Castupload or delete your account. To safeguard your interests, we ask that you please back-up your data prior to deletion. To the extent legal, statutory or contractual retention periods for personal data apply, your personal data will be blocked rather than deleted.
Amendments to the Data Protection Statement
Castupload is continually updating and developing its service offerings and features to satisfy user demand. Accordingly, amendments to this Data Protection Statement may become necessary. The Data Protection Statement, as amended, can be accessed at any time. The access link is located in the footer section of the Castupload webpage. You will receive separate notification in the event that any amendments to this Data Protection Statement affect any consent you may have provided Castupload.